The Rev’s Toxicology Report is Released
Just a few days ago, James Sullivan’s (aka The Rev) toxiciology report was finally released. According to AP News, Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal said that Sullivan died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol. The toxicology reports read that he suffered “acute polydrug intoxication due to combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol.” Oxycodone and Oxymorphone are pain killers and Diazepam/Nordiazepam are anxiety medications. Ethanol is found in alcohol. The coroner also found that The Rev suffered from an enlarged heart which may have contributed to his death.
A lot of people are on the fence because of his death. After so many celebrity deaths all contributed to presciption pill abuse, there are a lot of people saying “Welp, it’s unfortunate but he brought it upon himself.” I understand your thinking and I understand feeling some type of way about the fact that he mixed pills with alcohol. However, have a fucking heart! This guy was only twenty eight years old. He was a brother, a son, a friend, the love of someone’s life, etc. Regardless of the fact that he made a severe mistake, he doesn’t deserve for you to be prancing around having that attitude and anyone else for that matter.
My thoughts on it: he was taken way too soon. He had a talent that wasn’t easily measured by others and he had a larger than life personality that set him apart from everyone else. He was loving and a great friend. He was someone that deserved to be on this planet a hell of a lot longer than he was and it’s a shame that people can be that cold hearted about anyone dying under such circumstances. FoREVer!
NOTE: Avenged Sevenfold’s new album Nightmare, featuring Mike Portnoy from Dream Theatre on drums, will be released July 27th. To get more information about it check here.